Updates, breaking news and rumors for Formula 1

With Formula 1 With the summer break fast approaching and teams already scrambling to secure their favorite driver line-ups, the crazy season continues.

RealSport101 is ready to keep you updated with all the latest F1 driver contract news and rumors throughout the summer as the 2023 grid takes shape.

THE LATEST: Red Bull can’t stop at Gasly before moving to the Alps

Thursday, September 1

It seems that the path has been cleared for Pierre Gasly to join the Alpine with Helmut Marko, that the Red Bull program will not stand in the way of the Frenchman if a suitable offer is made.

AlphaTauri offered Gasly a new contract a few months ago, but the moves of Fernando Alonso and Oscar Piastri have opened up his place at the French team.

Marco is said to be interested in Andretti Autosport’s Colton Herta, who has impressed since his debut in IndyCar.

Logan Sargeant can drive for Williams

Monday, August 15

Williams team principal Jost Capito has hinted in an official interview with F1 that Logan Sargeant is being considered for the promotion to partner Alex Alban in 2023.

Capito suggested that the upcoming Formula 2 rounds at Spa-Francorchamps, Zandvoort and Monza will be crucial in deciding whether the American will earn an invitation.

2021 Formula E world champion Nick De Vries is also being considered for the seat, having completed an FP1 tour for Mercedes earlier in the season, while Nicolas Latifi’s funding keeps him in the mix.

Oscar Piastri will replace Daniel Ricciardo at McLaren for the 2023 season

Friday, August 5

McLaren has informed Daniel Ricciardo that they intend to replace him with Oscar Piastre for the 2023 F1 season.

The news comes after Piastre corrected a press release from Alpine that said he would drive for the team in place of Fernando Alonso next season.

Piastre manager Mark Webber has been in talks with McLaren for several weeks and it is now clear that the reigning F2 champion will drive for the Papaya team next season.

Daniel Ricciardo is likely to stay with McLaren until 2023

Wednesday, June 22

McLaren team boss Zach Brown has stated that it is highly likely that Daniel Ricciardo will remain with the team for the 2023 Formula 1 season.

The popular Australian has struggled to adapt after switching from Renault ahead of the 2021 season, but performances in Baku and Montreal have picked up after a difficult start to the 2022 season.

IndyCar star Colton Herta has been regularly linked with McLaren’s second seat for 2023, while Arrow McLaren driver Pato O’Ward has also been touted as a possible replacement for Ricciardo.

Brown believes Hertha will make it to F1 sooner or later, but the young American may have to wait to keep his chances with Ricciardo in 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Decks, courts, shops and places to access
Next post New cars, cosmetics and prices