I’ll try to clear up some of the common confusions people face when getting a Nintendo Switch and add some of my thoughts on the same along with some insights from Switch users. Be sure to check out the list of potential facts that can help you make your decision
As you already know, you will be faced with 3 models of Switch when shopping
- Nintendo Switch (2019)
- Nintendo Switch Lite
- Nintendo Switch OLED model
Advantage of the game
If you already have the Switch (2019) and want to upgrade, it would be good if you first think about whether you are someone who spends most of your time playing games connected to the TV in handheld mode.
If you’ve never cared about gaming on your console (except when you’re on the go) and bought it just to enjoy games with your family and friends, then the OLED model probably isn’t worth the extra $50. because the overall quality of the display when using each of them is not that great.
Changes in the OLED model
There are some nice additions built into the OLED model, such as a sturdier stand that can be set up at different angles to suit your needs, something that wasn’t possible with the Original Nintendo Switch. The small stand alone stand on the Switch(2019) is not as wide and reliable as compared to the OLED.
You get a wider screen size because now they have reduced the frame size without changing the overall size of the switch. You have everything to gain and it is a good idea to go for the OLED model if you are planning to buy your first Nintendo Switch. It’s totally worth it if you don’t mind the extra $50 you pay.
On the other hand, the Nintendo Switch Lite might already be on your list if you’re on a tight budget. The Switch Lite has a total battery life of 3 to 7 hours, which is significantly less than other models. You cannot isolate negative joys because they are already created.
A list of facts that can help you make your decision
In favor of getting the Switch Lite
- Being a university student is hard to afford a good TV
- The need to play with detached joy or especially on television are not your main concerns
- Already have a console like PS5 or Xbox and want to try something new
- Lightweight and easy to fit in pockets
- A tight budget
- Have small hands?
- Not a big fan of the original transition weight and just want a personal gaming experience
- It is planned to be used mainly during long trips or during business breaks
Deal Rewards for Switch Lite
- There is no return base
- Smaller screen size
- Can’t play well, especially with big hands
- Multiplayer mode is not playable unless you have extra fun
- A slight difference in display quality
- Compared to the Switch (2019)’s 3 to 9 hours, the OLED only has 3 to 7 hours of battery life.
- Can’t enjoy playing with friends and family on TV or use multiplayer mode if someone comes over