Return of Wrath of the Lich King is what World of Warcraft: Classic is all about.
Known for its iconic boy Arthas, this chilling new expansion sees the heroes of Azeroth return from their adventures abroad and enter the frozen land of Northrend to stop the Lich King and the vast hordes of the Scourge.
The new expansion has tons of new features such as the first class, the Death Knight, new raids, tons of new content, and more.
This begs the question: When is WoW Classic WotLK coming out?
When is WoW Classic WotLK coming out?
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic official releases on Monday, September 26, 2022.
The return of the Lich King comes after players experienced over a year of the Burning Crusade Classic, where they were forced to travel through the Dark Portal to thwart the plans of Illidan Stormrage and Kiljaeden. .
Don’t leave: Discover Razer’s Ultimate Gaming Laptops now
What to expect from Wrath of the Lich King Classic
In WotLK Classic, players can participate in numerous activities and features and relive the content, many of which are the best moments of the franchise.
Here’s an overview of what content to expect:
- Grimm’s Frozen North – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two northern regions – the Borean Tundra or the Howling Fjord – and will travel through some of the most epic landscapes and beloved stories in all of Warcraft before shattering the Lich King’s seat of power at Icecrown.
- Rise of the Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights – World of Warcraft’s champion class – use the power of darkness to help fight the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one server and require a level 55 character to create that server, in Wrath Classic, we waive this requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New profession – writing – This new profession allows players to write mystical glyphs that change magical properties and abilities (threats, damage, etc.) and create powerful trinkets and intangible items.
- Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and achievements.
- Raids and Raids – Relive 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and Stratholme Culling, and lay siege to Naxramas as a 25- or 10-player raid – an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in World of Warcraft before the expansion.
Additionally, new features such as a barber shop, raid buffs, Dalaran becoming a great city, and more will be available.
READ MORE: When is WotLK Classic coming out before the patch?